Unicopia Hervey Bay & Fraser Coast
Healthcare & MedicalPsychology, Counselling & Social Work Full time
Mental Health Social Worker
Unicopia is seeking an Accredited Mental Health Social Worker with experience working with clients with disabilities, complex mental health conditions and vulnerable community members. We are a grassroots, client focused disability and aged care provider based on the Fraser Coast. Unicopia aims to empower our clients through service provision that assists them to be active and valued participants in the community by ensuring an individualised and holistic approach. We place a strong emphasis on high quality care and a genuine connection with the individuals we care for and the wider community.
Unicopia is strongly embedded within the Fraser Coast community and has partnerships with medical services, other disability sector and community organisations including crisis housing/accommodation providers, as well as education and out-of-home care providers. We aim to support the most vulnerable in our community as well as provide a nexus for other local likeminded organisations to collaborate with the focus on minimising duplication of health services and expanding the human capital within the Fraser Coast.
We are committed to professional developmental and training. We have a long-term perspective on capacity building within the organisation and encourage staff development and specialisation.
Essential assets for the role:
- The ability to manage a complex caseload of patients and demonstrated experience in case management.
- At least 3yrs post graduate experience working with vulnerable and disadvantaged communities including those either homeless or at risk of homelessness.
- Extensive clinical experience and specialist knowledge in mental health conditions including working with clients of all ages.
- Significant experience working both within the NDIS and/or Medicare.
- Working knowledge of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander culture and how it relates to healthcare delivery.
- Ability to assist with clinical leadership at all levels of the organisation.
- A non-judgemental demeanour and possess high emotional intelligence.
- Strong advocacy capabilities with demonstrated high level written and verbal communication skills.
- Work closely with GPs and other healthcare providers to ensure clients get access to appropriate services.
- Strong communication skills and the ability to work within a multidisciplinary team with other allied health, medical and administration professionals.
- Documenting case notes as part of reporting and compliance requirements.
- A collaborative work ethic but be able to work independently.
- Understand the connection between a healthy environment and a healthy community.
- Commitment to fostering effective collaborative community partnerships.
- Tertiary qualified with either a Bachelor of Social Work or Masters of Social Work
- Professional registration with AASW
- Experience working both within the NDIS and Medicare
- Police Check and WWCC
- Yellow Card or ability to go through the NDIS Worker Screening process
- A valid driver’s license
- COVID -19 Vaccination
- Indigenous and Torres Strait Islander people are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Excellent remuneration depending on experience.
- Professional development and career opportunities.
- Use of a laptop and latest technology provided by the company.
- Truly flexible workplace environment.
Please apply with a cover letter detailing your suitability for the role with current CV to email@example.com